- For all staff, students and parents to have clarity of human and vehicular traffic movement in the school
- To ensure the safety of motorists and pedestrians within the school compound and the vicinity of the school
- Risk assessment of road safety (Annex A)
|MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT IN SCHOOL COMPOUND: 15 km/h|
A – MAIN GATE
Mon-Fri 6.15am to 7.30am: Vehicle access for drop-off only.
From 7.30am onwards including dismissal at end of day: Strictly no access to non-authorised vehicles including vehicles of parents/guardians.
B – PEDESTRIAN GATE AT THE BUS STOP (Entry for students and staff only)
Mon-Fri: 6.15am to 7.30am (wet weather 8am).
|Afternoon & end of CCA
Mon, Tue & Thu: 2pm to 3pm.
Wed & Fri: 2pm to 3pm & 5pm to 6.15pm.
– At all times, students must use designated walkways and pedestrian crossings.
– At peak hours (start of and end of school/CCA), students must use the pedestrian gate at the bus stop.
– During off peak hours, students will use the pedestrian gate beside the main gate (A1).
C – DRIVING INTO SCHOOL
|Parents/guardians can drive into school under the following circumstances:
– To pick up sick/injured daughter/ward.
– Inclement weather.
– Parents’ Nights (held annually for each level in Term 1).
– Awards Ceremony & Graduation Ceremony.
|For safety in school compound, parents/guardians must adhere to the following:
– Stay at the waiting area or in your vehicle while waiting for your daughter. (Vehicle engine must be switched off by law).
– Parents are not allowed to roam the school compound.
– Parents fetching their daughter during curriculum time must show the “leaving school slip” to security guard before leaving. The slip can be obtained from the General Office.
D – AUTOMATED EXIT GATE
|Mon-Fri: Operates from 7.30am to 6.15pm.|
OTHER SAFETY MATTERS
|Parents/Guardians please adhere to the following:
– To ensure safety for all, please follow instructions given by the Security Officers and school authorised personnel.
– All visitors and parents must be registered before entry.
– Sign-in at the Guard House and obtain a visitor pass; as part of the registration, you will need to show a photo ID.
– Visitor pass must be prominently displayed and worn at all times.
– Upon registration, proceed to General Office or parent waiting area using the designated pedestrian crossings and walkways.
– Visitors are NOT ALLOWED to walk freely around the Secondary and Primary School compounds.
– No visitors, including parents are allowed to visit their daughters in their classrooms or go to any venue reserved for teaching and learning.
- Only authorised vehicles are allowed to park at the school parking lots.
- School / excursion buses are stationed at the parking bay shared with Primary school. The bus bay is away from the path of pedestrian flow. Bus drivers are required to switch off the engine while waiting for passengers.
- All entering vehicles shall follow the instructions given by the Security officers and school authorised personnel.
- Strategically located CCTV cameras allow us to monitor entrance and exit of student and visitors to the school.
Communication of School Traffic Management Plan
- The School Traffic Management Plan is included in the student and staff handbook for reference.
- The School Traffic Management Plan is posted on the school website.
- Reminders to adhere to the School Traffic Management Plan will be reiterated at timely junctures such as at Secondary 1 registration, Parents’ night meetings and term notes to parents, school assembly and staff meeting as required.
Next Review Date
- June 2020
Prepared by: Operations Manager
Approved by: VP2
Date approved: 23 December 2019