SAC Girl Guides is an active CCA group in the school that provides girls with opportunities to become all-rounded individuals and leaders. We engage in activities ranging from personal and social development, home skills, interacting and working with the community and learning more about our international guiding family. The guides are taught useful lifeskills such as cyber-wellness through the Surf Smart Badge and positive body image and self-esteem mindsets through the Free Being Me programme.
We endeavour to reach out to the community through service learning projects such as Meals on Wheels with Touch Home Care. We cultivate the guides’ love for the outdoors and teach them stewardship values towards our planet through our Annual Outdoor Camp held in November at Camp Christine. Some of our guides have also been fortunate to participate in international camps overseas to meet other members of the guiding movement in the world.
Teachers in Charge
Ms Aileen Tan
Ms Ang Hwee Chieh
Ms Carol Chua
Ms Nadiah Brown
Volunteer Adult Leaders (VALs)
Ms Phylicia Lim
Ms Yeo Su-Zann
Company Leader: Janelle Wong Jia Yi (Sec 3.6)
Assistant Company Leader: Raquel Goh Shi Hui (Sec 3.9), Bo Shi Min(3.8)
Fridays (3 – 6 pm)
- Baden Powell Award 2019 : Kayley Pang (4.7), Chia Ming Zhi (4.8), Saliha Ifrah (4.6)
- Baden Powell Award 2018: Renee Ho (4.8/2018), Nadzirah Zulkiflee (4.6/2018), Eileen Loo (4.3/2018)
- Puan Noor Aishah Award (for 2018 Year of Assessment): Bronze Award
- Arden 2018 (UK International Camp): 4 guides participated in the event.
- Centenary International Camp 2017 (Singapore): 8 guides participated in this camp at Sarimbun.
- President’s Guide Award 2017: Crystabel Chua (4.8/2017)
- Puan Noor Aishah Award (for 2017 Year of Assessment): Gold Award
- Baden Powell Award 2017: Trina Tan, Regina Chua, Matthea Yeo (4.8/2017)
- Flame 2016 (UK International Camp): 4 guides participated in this event.